Tuesday, September 28, 2010

There is a story....

My wonderful Gramma-in-law, and I am serious, she is wonderful... is a crocheter... WHAT!! I know, SURPRISE, an old lady that crochets?!

Aaaaanyway, she is a sweet lady who thinks of me often when she is doing her craft, and I do not mean that in a conceited sort of way at all, what I mean is that she knows I enjoy the craft just as much as she does.... I guess we are "kindred-spirits" when it comes to the yarny stuff....

Again, aaaaanway.... she bought this yarn intending on making herself a sweater... she started it, then as all yarn-crafters do, took a look at what she had purchased and took a look at what she had begun and said, "What the !?*$!.... who buys scratchy, red acrylic yarn?!" .... Okay, okay, so she didn't swear.... in fact she didn't even say that AT ALL (that's something I would say); for one, she's just too proper for that kind of expletive typing language; and second, I just think she's to the point in her life where she just wants to live-it-up in her new retirement community and shed the stereotypical knitting-granny persona... and I say, "Live it up G! Shake your 83 year young groove thang!"

This is the story of how I came to inherit the scratchy, red acrylic yarn... and being the nice granddaughter-in-law that I am... I accept the gift, like the many other crafty-type gifts before it... I smile and vehemently thank her for thinking of me and insist that I will find a use for it...

And so, keeping to my word, this is what I've come up with....


Red pot scrubbers. Ummmm. It'll work. I've got LOTS of said yarn left... if anyone is in need of red pot scrubbers, please, let me know, I'd be more than happy to hook you up... HA! Hook you up! Get it? I crochet.... yeah.

Have a good one all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment