Sunday, May 1, 2011

Can we just skip this month????

Do you ever feel like you can do it all? Ever bite off more than you can chew? I think it must be a mom thing.... We all do it. I know it. You know it. Yet, we're able to put on this stoic face that lets everyone around us know that we are in control, when really, we're never totally in control of anything. Is that what it comes down to though? Control? We need to be the commanding officers of our own little army. The centres of our own little universe.

I CANNOT do. it. all. There, I've said it. Now you say it. Take a deep cleansing breath, and be fine with the fact that NOBODY expects you to do it all. No one except yourself, that is.

Aaaaanyway, just to give you an idea of what my May is shaping up to be, here's the short list:
Make toy soldier costume for school play (oh, and it needs to be to school for TOMORROW. I got a real head start on it though.... this. morning.).
Hosting Rummage Sale for a Cause Fundraiser with teammates and friends.
Helping a friend with a Plant Sale/Fundraiser at our school.
Baseball for my boys starts (2 nights a week).
Hosting THINK PINK TEA Fundraiser with teammates and friends.
Attend baby shower for a friend.... I LOVE BABY SHOWERS... AND I LO-OVE BABIES, YUMMM!
Signing-Up for baseball for myself. (What, you ask? Do I play baseball? No, but what the heck, I've got time.).
Mom-to-Mom Sale... I've got a table... anyone care to join me?
Kids Clothes Week Challenge being hosted by the wonderfully creative bloggity-blog Elsie Marley.... please do check out this space, it's so full of fun and inspiration.

So, this is everything I can think of off the top of my head... oh, there's more, there's ALWAYS more. I can get through all of this, I know I can. And I know it's really not as much as it seems.... and truly, truly, I love being busy. I must, otherwise I wouldn't commit to SO. MUCH.

As a side note, and totally-totally off topic; just yesterday I had an urge to check out the Habitat for Humanity site, really it was just my way of escaping all of the aforementioned happenings.... Anyway, I've always wanted to help on a build. So, here's what I found out.... a-ma-zing organization, a-ma-zing volunteers, doing a-ma-zing things for people. I'm serious when I say, I will do this one day... only catch is, I'd love to do it internationally. What a fantastic way to see the world and all of the wonderful people in it. Check them out, you will be compelled to help.

Anyway, it's sunday morning, which is pancake morning around here - and oddly enough, pancakes always put me in a good mood even though I don't eat them; but my kids always get so excited and that makes it so much more special.

This little menopausal moment has been very, very helpful folks.... I feel so much better now than I did when I sat down to type this. Sometimes all we need is to itemize our to-do lists.... it seems to give us better perspective, don't you think? Ahhh, *sigh of relief*.

Let me know how your May is looking.... Oh, I've had one taker on my offer to sew something for the Kids Clothes Week Challenge, anyone else interested in something for free? Please leave me a comment if you're interested.

Have a great sunday everyone ;)

4 comments:

  1. Go, Julie, Go! You are my Little Engine That Could... you inspire so many others around you - including those unsuspecting peeps at the grocery store admiring your head bling! ;)

    Just to psych you out even more, you neglected to mention pizza days at the school once a week, attending the kids' play, and managing your household in general... good times! xo

    I all for fast-forwarding this first week, too!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you hit the nail on the head saying that we are the ones that put the expectation on ourselves.....and we thrive on deadlines and pressure to do 50 things at once! Don't we? Keep smilin!
    xoxo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of those things on my list, plus possibly buying and selling my house.. uh huh.. cause somehow I thought that would be a good idea to do on the same month as our 2 major fundraisers...
    I was blessed with an unexpected day off today though, so I'm off to clean clean clean!
    Keep smiling Julie, we can only do what we can do and you're a great prioritizer (it is so a word) take some time out for just you or at least just you and your sweet family. It always helps to think of life as one day at a time... :) chin up buttercup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS ladies! I am so loving what I'm doing this year with the Weekend Walk, so much so that it's inspired me to do some kind of fundraising/humanitarian "thing" every year. NEXT YEAR... our little family (sadly without my little Hammy-girl) will be climbing the steps of the CN Tower to support the great work that the World Wildlife Federation does, anyone care to join us????

    You ladies are amazing, supportive, beautiful.... the list goes on. I am very fortunate to call you friends.... Thanks for listening/reading, you've lifted my spirits....xo J

    ReplyDelete