Friday, July 1, 2011

Clowning around....

School is officially over and summer holidays have begun.... and my 2 best boys are moving on to grade 2 and 3....

For my big guy L, grade 3 means moving from the primary floor to the second floor. This is a big deal in the life of an 8 year old.... I mean, he's going to be upstairs with the big kids! While I'm so excited for him, it just reminds me even more that I can't stop the passage of time. He's growing into a little man right before my eyes.... and there's nothing I can do about it. He has a mind of his own and uses it (very well) to form his own opinions.... we all know what that's like, right? He's my caring spirited child.... always showing concern for others emotions.... a very admirable quality that I am so very proud of.

For my little guy, grade 2. Another year to be cradled in the arms of teachers who haven't yet been jaded by strong-willed children; and comforted by classmates who think it's ok to wear your heart on your sleeve but still able to roll-on-the-floor-laugh at poop and fart jokes.... He's sensitive, empathetic, and a kidder.... this guy laughs. all. the. time. I love it about him....

Last year, our school started a talent competition to mark the end of the year.... this year, my guys tried out with a clown act and made the cut! They worked so hard at practicing a little skit that Daddy wrote.... together, we came up with names; Mr. Giggles and his sidekick Bert.... Mommy and Daddy had so much fun shopping for clown costumes and came up with 2 hilarious outfits that our clowns were proud to wear.

As a parent, you worry that they'll get a sudden case of stage fright, or forget their lines.... but not these guys.... from beginning to end, the crowd was laughing and they fed right into that.... voice projection was fantastic, body movements and exaggerated emotional gestures were perfect! Everyone gave them a huge round of applause and of course.... when Daddy was tucking them into bed that night, I heard L ask Daddy, "Did Mommy cry?". Daddy laughed, "Yes. She did buddy." Do they know me or what?! Tears because I'm overjoyed by what you're capable of doing all on your own.


Congratulations boys! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of all your hard work this year.... we love you so much xoxo ;)

1 comment:

  1. We have the sweetest Grandchildren ever, and talented to boot. We're so proud to have them in our lives. Love you to bits.

    ReplyDelete