Saturday, July 9, 2011

On friendship....

How do you measure friendship?

Is it by how much you see a person? How much they are willing to do for you? Is it by the presents they give you, or is it by how much of your crap they'll endure?

For me, it's none of those.

For me, friendship is measured by the feelings I get when thinking about someone. It's measured in the way someone embraces me when I've had a rough time with my kids. It's measured by how much laughter there is at girl's night (and also how much food is brought, no just kidding)....

It can be measured by the gifts one receives.... and I'm not meaning 'stuff'.... I'm meaning the gifts of love, the understanding, the emotional support, the strength they see in you when you don't see it yourself, the overwhelming need you get to be a better person because of them, the rallying, the 'hey, my door is always open', the knowing that someone's got your back....

Friendship can be measured by someone simply.... holding your hand....

I am so fortunate to have forged the friendships I have.... because they are so much more than friends, they're sisters.... and in times of trouble we come together to help each other, no questions asked.... we just do, because.... that's what we do....

Thank you to my friends, my sisters, my strength.... you all know who you are....

And thanks so much to you, B.... thank you for holding my hand today, I really needed that from you.... xo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment