Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sewing for baby....

Ok, well, not for my baby.... for my baby's baby!

This little lady, who is lovingly referred to as Baby, usually can be found in any number of places in our home looking like this....


Baby was a gift from someone; can't remember who.... but, she usually gets picked up and dressed in her original outfit about once a month; then because the original outfit is ill-fitting and falls off.... my baby gets frustrated and ends up throwing Baby around for a bit, then forgets about her again.... It's really funny to witness....

Aaaanyway, today my Hammy-girl was trying to dress Baby, and once again started getting angry and man-handling Baby in a way that would land any adult parent in the slammer; so this Mommy decided that an intervention was needed....

Mommy: "We have to be nice to Baby. She doesn't like when you throw her around. It hurts. Can you say sorry to Baby?"
Hammy-girl: "So-wee Baby." *Hugs and cuddles*
Mommy: "Do you want Mommy to make Baby a dress that will stay on?"
Hammy-girl: "Dress fo Baby?"
Mommy: "Mmm-hmmm"
Hammy-girl: "Yes, peas"

So after all of that, we pulled out the sewing machine, rifled through the scrap fabric bin, picked out some cut-off jean pieces and a nice wrinkly and puckery swatch of seer-sucker, I love that stuff, especially for summer dresses.... it's so cool and soft and dries like a breeze!

Anyhow, the dress didn't happen; but, this little set did....


I LOVE IT! I'm thinking this will look so cute on my baby for summer! Except for my baby's shirt I'm envisioning little short and fluttery poufs for the sleeves!

Here's Baby modelling the little set, complete with over sized (for Baby) baby socks.... Look at that Baby, such a ham for the camera....


I had lots of fun with this quick little project.... and I especially loved that my little Hammy-girl sat right at my side the whole time, lovingly rocking a sleeping Baby in her warm embrace....

Have a great afternoon everyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment