Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fun, Fun, fundraising....

All of my little ducks seem to be getting into a neat and tidy row.... and this makes me very, very happy; and very, very relieved, aaaahhhhhh....


I've previously talked about how myself and 3 friends have joined together as a team to walk in the Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers in September of this year. Well, fundraising events are kicking into high gear.

We've decided to host a THINK PINK Tea and a Rummage Sale for the Cause.... all of the support and donations from friends, family and community have been overwhelming to say the least. It always amazes me at how willing people are to just give. It's a very simple thing, isn't it. Giving.... I've always loved to give things myself. And not in a self-important or self-serving way. I just love giving people a smile every once in a while. And I love how, by nature, people just want to help where they can.

Aaaanyway, so, my mind has been going a mile a minute trying to think of any way that I can raise money for my own journey, as well as for our team. The challenge put forth by the Weekend Walk people for the month of April is to raise $500. I'm taking this challenge on to get closer to my personal fundraising goal. I have some things in mind that I need to get on right away, and I've got to get bugging some local businesses for their help too.... I guess what I'm saying (to myself) is that today, the last day of March, is my final rest day for the next month. Everyday in the month of April, I will devote some portion of time to reaching my $500 goal.... There, I've written in down for all to see that I am very serious about this challenge.... gee, I hope I can reach it ;)

I'm open to any and all suggestions for meeting this challenge....

Have a great day everyone ;)

image courtesy MSN

No comments:

Post a Comment