Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baubles for the babe: a flower tutorial....

I know I said I was going to post this a few days ago; but, you know how sometimes LIFE gets in the way? I am a mom.... enough said :)

Aaaanyway, here's what's been crafting up around here, between family, chores and everything else....


Pretty little necklaces perfect for bringing a little spring-y sunshine into any little lady's life....

Here's a quick little pattern for the flower, and seriously, I can bang off about 20 of these in an hour, that is, if I'm not watching something good on tv ;) So that just goes to show really how easy this is....

FLOWER TUTORIAL
As with all of my patterns/tutorials, you can adapt them to suit your own materials.... use whatever hook size you like that works well with whatever yarn you have on hand. I like this little project for using up odds and ends of yarn that are left from other projects.... AND, I have a lovely sister who sometimes hands-down some of her yarn leftovers.... makes for some interesting little flowers.... LOVE IT!

Chain 2, 4 single crochet into second chain from hook, slip stitch into first chain to form foundation ring (you could also use the magic loop method, which I prefer and do use for my own work-in-circle projects; but for those who are not familiar with the magic loop method, this method here works fine)

Chain one and turn. 2 single crochets in next 3 single crochets, 3 single crochets in next single crochets. Slip stitch into first single crochet. (9 single crochets)

Chain 3, 3 double crochets into first single crochet space, chain 3 and slip stitch into same single crochet spot. This forms one petal. *Slip stitch into next single crochet then slip stitch into next single crochet and chain 3, 3 double crochets into same single crochet, chain 3 and slip stitch into same single crochet spot. Repeat from * 3 more times, creating 5 flower petals. Slip stitch and bind off.

Make as many flowers as you like! You can join them to make necklaces, bracelets, headbands, scarves, pillows, purses.... your only limitation is your own imagination!

Have a fantastic sunny sunday everyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment