Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stuffin's for the foot bag....

Ok... so I'm sure I don't need to clarify what a foot bag is.... but, aaaaanyway, I will! According to my 6 year old, a foot bag is what we adults like to call a stocking.... Don't ya just love how kids see things so literally? I can still remember last year when we were decorating and he asked me where the foot bags were.... I felt bad because I was laughing (almost uncontrollably) when I responded, "W-w-w-what?". Poor guy, so serious when he asked.... tee-hee, I still get a kick out of that moment.

Any-who.... lets get to the reason why we've all gathered here today, a-hem.... Stocking Stuffers. Do you have as many difficulties as I do, helping Santa fill those darn things? Sheesh.... it seems the standard toothbrush and undies just don't cut it anymore. You know, when I was their age, I was ecstatic to find nuts (in-the-shell people), an apple, an orange and a handful of gumdrops and hard candies tucked into my fuzzy red and white stocking that my mother so lovingly scrawled my name on with a sharpie marker.... and looking back now, everything seemed eerily similar to all of the things that were commonly out on our coffee table during the holiday season.... hmmmm, weird. But, I digress....

Here are a few items that I thought would make great additions to our kids stockings:


Wooden tops, from Urban Turn on Etsy.


Peg dolls, ready to paint.... I'm thinking little ninja men for the two little men in my life. Brought to you by Gemmielou, also on Etsy.... and p.s. shhhh, a certain little ham-hock may be getting some too, shhhh ;)


Keychains like this cool Wimpy Kid item, available at Chapters online


Little flashlights to attach to backpacks. Ready for purchase at Mountain Equipment Co-op.


Pretty little crocheted accessories for the Ham.... headbands like this, some clippies, and maybe a bracelet or two.... made by Mommy.

And, of course, the old faithfuls.... For the boys; Archie comics, hockey cards, a Schleich animal (available at TSC Stores or Scribbles to Scholars where I live), toothbrushes, socks and undies, some kind of holiday treat.... And for the girl-baby; toothbrush, tub toys, hair elastics, toddler-friendly treats, Playmobil people....

I'm sure Santa has some other items that he's hand-picked especially for my little monkeys.... I can't wait to see their faces Christmas morning.... it's, by far, the best gift I could ever receive....

Let me know what great stuffin's you and Santa come up with for your own little bubs.... we'll compare notes....

Have a nice night all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment