Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Needed a break....

Yesterday, I delivered an order of 5 skull and crossbones hats to a friend, Christmas presents I believe.... and I still have one more order to fill by the end of the week, this one for 7 hats!!!... no biggie, though; 2 are complete, 4 just need the tags and skulls sewn on, and then just to start and finish an adult version....

I've had a great little boom in business just before Christmas, and I'm loving it! But, making that many hats gets a little mindless at times. So after I delivered the order yesterday, I came home and started a little project for myself.... yes, myself! Something just to break up my time between orders. Nothing major that would involve great amounts of time; but, something that is cute, and fast and something I need....


A bath scrubbie (is there a theme beginning here on the blog people???).... I found the tutorial here, and can I just say, this is one of the easiest projects I have ever worked on.... and for a project that is so easy, it looks so, ummm, not easy. The tutorial uses cotton yarn; but I fear that with a scrubbie that big, the cotton yarn would just need a little too much care for my liking.... I opted for a super soft, light-weight acrylic.... just something I had on hand that hasn't really suited any other project.... I'll let you know how it works out....

Bu-ut.... from the picture, you can see that it is not complete.... the reason, and it's a good one, is because while crocheting said scrubbie, I realized that my time would be best spent trying to fill my last order... So, being the self-disciplining person I am, I returned to my order with renewed hat-loving energy and was able to whip up 2 in no time.... Sometimes that's all we need.... a few steps back just to gain a little perspective....

Have a great day friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment