Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bits and piecing....

I've been a busy little lady lately.... hat making; birthday party planning and hosting; valentine card production; surprise valentine decorations made and set-up before everyone arrived home yesterday; and then today.... when I really should have been doing laundry.... piecing together a Moda Lollipop Charm Pack....

To be honest.... it's kind of a cheater, it's really not quilting.... my sister is a quilter who cuts and pieces intricate shapes together to create one-of-a-kind beautiful blankets.... Me? I've made one quilt in my life, a denim square block quilt that fits a queen size bed and weighs a TON.... but I made it and I LOVE it.... and the best thing about it is that my boys love it (note to self: make another one because each of them says he wants it for his bed when he grows up.... dilemma)....

So, aaaanyway, back to the charmer.... It's not the Central Park Charm Pack that I ordered for my best little gal (still PATIENTLY waiting for that to arrive after ordering it on Jan 12.... *says through gritting teeth*.... but, I digress).... Here's what the Lollipop Charm Pack looked like pre-piecing....


And after....


Still much to be done to finish it off.... but the tedious part is complete, and I'm happy to report that I only messed up on one square, requiring the seam ripper and some adjustment.... but, all-in-all, easy-peasy!

And here's a peak at what the boys gave to their classmates for Valentine's Day yesterday....


I found these free printable You Rock Valentine cards over at Living Locurto.... TONS of fun and fantastic things to see over there! Check it out! We added our own twist to these cards by putting 2 individually wrapped Life Savers into small zipper lock baggies (from the dollar store) and stapling them to the backside.... the boys thought these were their best Valentines ever! Can't beat that.... or, I guess I'll have to try next year :O ....

Have a nice day everyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment