Sunday, June 27, 2010

Twirly memories...

In the past year, I have put together three tutu's for three special little ladies... It's still a learning process for me... trying to find the best fullness, length, colour combinations... but, I have to say, I get totally excited when the finished little pouf comes together...

I try to think of the person, what she's like, what her favourite colour is, and her growing personality...

And then I start thinking back to when I was a little girl and wishing that I had some really special things to help me through my formative years... I would have spent hours pretending to be a ballerina, a princess or a fairy in my poufy little tutu...

After a birthday party at my lovely friend Tasha's yesterday, I'm reminded of some other little toys that I played with while visiting cousins and school friends... I always wanted a doll bed and high chair... they were the two things that I was drawn to the most when I played at someones house... Tasha's Dad told me how he and his beautiful wife recently found Tasha's little rocking chair and doll high chair ... they cleaned them up, painted them and gave them back to her... such a small thing to do for your daughter, but something that means so much... And not only special for Tasha, but also for her Mom and Dad... to be able to remember the times when their curly-haired beauty would play little Mommy to her baby dolls and imagine the day she would grow up and be a Mommy to her own little babies...

I can't help but be grateful that I have the opportunity to create special memories for my own children... because, really, when it comes down to it... the stuff doesn't matter all that much - it's nice to have, but it's the memories that were made, the feelings you felt and mostly the love that you had... I can't wait for the day that I can make my own little Hammy a poufy little tutu... she's a little young just yet... but I know she'll be as excited to receive it as I would have been...

So, here it is...


another little gift for a very special little girl who's turning 4... I hope she likes it...

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment