Sunday, January 31, 2010

On friendship...


"I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I found out some news late last night, a very good friend has breast cancer... again. I know I need to be strong and keep a happy face for her and her children, but it is very difficult. I am struggling with the fact that things like this happen at all... and that they seem to happen to the people who are most undeserving.

My friend is the bravest person I know. She is a wonderful mother to her three beautiful children...and I can only hope that I am half the mother that she is. She is a generous friend, one that anyone would be happy and privileged to know. Always thinking of others and I am sure she is angry that she has to deal with something so utterly stupid and unfair.

It's just another bump in the road B... family and friends rallying with love and support can help to overcome great obstacles. WE CAN BEAT THIS... it's totally do-able... "you know what I mean?" ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment