Monday, January 16, 2012

THRIFTY MONDAY: is back!

While out driving around last tuesday, my husband and I decided to head to one of our favourite Antique-y places.... Southworks.  He was looking for chairs for our dining set.... I was just looking at, well, everything...

 
The entire upper floor of this building is all antique, nostalgic and vintage treasures....  Now, being the thrifty (cheap) lady that I am, I find a great number of things here are highly overpriced.  That doesn't mean I don't like the hunt, I do.  It's a challenge to find something I like and for a reasonable price (or priced right).... but, I can do it if I'm given the time to really scrutinize what I'm after.

Of course, the prey of the day for me, was Pyrex.... just a little-teeny-tiny piece to quench my thirst, sate my hunger, tide me over til, um, next month (who we kiddin'....next week)....

Aaaanyway.... While browsing, I heard the man say to the girl-babe, 'Oh, Mommy's gonna be in these booths for hours'.... My interest was piqued.... I knew exactly what he meant, and so, calmly, not too-too hurriedly (I didn't want to look like a total geek!) I headed in the direction of his voice....

Ahhhh!!!!  3.... count 'em.... 3 booths of perfectly pretty Pyrex and fabulously fun Fiesta ware!  WHAT?!  I know!

So once the excitement (that was really only going on internally.... again, the geek in me was caged) was harnessed, I got down to business.

After picking up, turning over and checking for chips on almost every. single. piece.... sadly, only a few were to my liking, which is to say, in almost 100%, A-1, perfect condition.  And those that were, were so over priced, I just couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of money....

But I wasn't sad.... I know where I can find what I like at very thrifty prices.... I went on my way, happy with just browsing at all of the beautiful colours.... and then, I spotted 3 teensy-weeny-little bowls on the floor of a booth that sold almost entirely old paper materials....

I chose this beautiful brown bitty....


Isn't she sweet?  I brought her home, suds-ed her up and she was on the dinner table that night full to the brim with little sweet peas....

:D  That's me.  Smiling cheek-to-cheek.... have a great day  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment