Sunday, January 15, 2012

FAMILY DAYS: production line

For Christmas, my middle monkey made me a button bracelet from the pretty buttons in my button stash.  I saw the bracelet about a month before Christmas; but, had no idea it was for me.  He put it together using a caramel coloured pipe cleaner and some shiny metal buttons (his favourites).

On Christmas morning, he handed me a pretty little box that he carefully wrapped himself.  On top was the cutest little tag that was made from a thick piece of golden wrapping paper that he hand cut and folded.... on the inside it simply said, 'To: Mom.  From: Marek' with a sweet happy face.  My heart gushed and I had to hold back the tears.... I mean, really, I hadn't even opened the gift yet; but, I knew I would cherish it forever....


So, in his ultimate wisdom, and I'm sure after days of processing my tearful thank you to him, he came to me and said, 'I want to make button bracelets for our yard sale.  Because if you like yours so much, so will other Mommy's.'  My heart exploded, and I knew, even more than I had ever known before, that these moments were the reason I wanted to be a Mom.

And today, on this frigidly cold Sunday, we decided to start production in the button factory.  I'll I just say this.... I was in my crafty glory, sitting with my three monkeys, working away, watching them sort through the ga-zillions of buttons we have.... These pretty necklaces and bracelets are the fruits of our efforts today....


For girls; pretty ribbon and button necklaces made by the hands of my two boy monkeys, with help picking colours from the girl-babe; and elastic threaded bracelets made by Mommy.  My oldest monkey had the brilliant idea to make army man necklaces for boys.... so this week we'll be taking a trip to the dollar store for some army men and hemp lacing....

I love that they want to have their own sale table for our annual community yard sale.  I love the initiative, and the excitement they feel over doing something for themselves; and the pride they have in their ideas and finished product....

They make me love them more and more every. single. day.

Happy family day everyone  ;)


p.s.  stay tuned, we're back in the swing of things here on the blog.... starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment