Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hope...


What can you do when a doctor with a very poor bedside manner says that you're body isn't responding the way he had expected???

You pray that your prayers get answered. You expect nothing less than success. You wish for another chance...

You question what it is you did to deserve this kind of servitude. Why were you chosen out of millions to carry the weight of this dreadful disease??? No one should have to deal with this crap.

For the millions of dollars in research, there should be some kind of light that lets you know that you'll be okay...

You get angry, stark-raving mad... you curse and swear... you bang your fists against something (maybe the not-so-compassionate doctor)...

Then you realize that you do have something... you have hope...

You have family, friends and strangers all pulling for you... wishing they could take away your pain if even for a second... I know if I had the power to take it all away, I would without question...

You have strength, more than you realize right now... you are a very powerful woman who deserves nothing but happiness... and that day will come, maybe not today or tomorrow, but it will... I truly believe that this is not your final chapter... there's so much more for you to write in this life...

I'm here for you, Becky... whenever you need me... I love you...

Fight like a girl... Hope ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful Julie... I believe too that she will beat this again. I can only imagine the frustration of doing everything right and still not getting anywhere... and that doctor... oh my...

    ReplyDelete