Sunday, August 29, 2010

Re-vamping my "green" cleaning...

So, recently I hosted and enjoyed a girls' night with my beautiful girly-friends... our conversations range from silly to serious... and this night we touched a little on what cleaning products everyone was using around their homes...

I love my vinegar/water/lavender spray and was sad to find that it's not the optimal choice for cleaning my counter tops... I do still use lysol diluted with water once a week to give my kitchen a good cleaning, however, after this revelation, I jumped on the internet to find a better, green choice for my everyday cleaning... soooo, here it is...

Disinfectant Spray*
2 cups water
3 tbsp liquid soap (I use a pure liquid soap, available in the health food aisles of my grocery store)
20-30 drops of tea tree oil or any other essential oil with disinfecting properties (optional)

So simple and effective and plays right into my plans for ridding my home of unnecessary chemicals... not to mention a complete money saver... and who doesn't love to save money???

So, I'd like to once again thank the ladies for a fun night of chit-chat, food and wine/coffee... Special thanks to Becky for opening my eyes about my vinegar/water spray... I now feel totally comfortable getting rid of my Lysol too...

Have a fantastically green Sunday ;)

*disinfectant spray courtesy of Redbook online, follow the link for more great cleaning recipes...
http://www.redbookmag.com/recipes-home/tips-advice/green-cleaning-recipes

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I picked up all the ingredients to make the laundry soap today! Yay! We also use alcohol to disinfect, hey if it's good enough for the hospitals to use on us...hmmm... I use a spray one, and spray the light switches, door knobs,counter tops, etc. I'm still in love with method, but also love love love all different kinds of completely natural cleaners. Thanks Julie!

    ReplyDelete