Saturday, July 31, 2010

Far, far away...

Prince Edward Island, I am in love...


I've heard people say that once you've gone, you always want to go back. Having been the person that has said that I will never visit the same place twice... ummm, correction, I will return... someday. And perhaps even for a very, very extended period of time... say, maybe, retirement???


When we arrived... we wondered what we were getting ourselves into... our driveway, and I use the term loosely, was nothing more than a grass pathway that wound between blossoming potato fields... but to our wide-eyed amazement, lead us to our little log cabin above the ocean...


perched upon a beautiful red cliff about 20-30 feet above the beach where the tide would come in and out everyday... the rickety stair descending to the red rock and sand just added to the quaint casualness that we would enjoy the rest of our stay...


from potato fields that stretched for miles, to clam-digging...


to taking in the beauty of historical homes and streets, to counting jellyfish, to drives down red dirt roads... we enjoyed... every. single. second.


with it's friendly faces, island festivities, and breathtaking views...



the allure was so much that we vowed to return to visit the shores that we had the misfortune of missing, and everything in between...


My three little monkeys were so wonderful on our loooooong journey; both there and back. My husband and I were so impressed that there were very few "are-we-there-yets"... I don't quite understand it... one of my boys has been known, on occasion (ah, several occasions... ok, maybe daily), to ask when we will be getting home before we've even had the chance to leave our driveway... I can only boil it down to them being so excited about visiting somewhere new, far-far away...


We created fantastic memories that we'll carry for a lifetime... we spent time laughing, exploring, hiking, swimming, digging, walking, discovering, searching... together...


I loved it...


and I love my family... so very much...


Have a fantastic day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment