Sunday, November 15, 2009

The birthday skirt and crown...



I quickly whipped up this cute little corduroy skirt and mary janes for Hammy (mary janes not pictured because the pattern I made needs some tweaking... LOTS of tweaking), the skirt; however, turned out exactly as I had envisioned. The inspiration came from somewhere in blogland... I really wish I had made better note of it because there was a little plaid shirt that was pictured with it, I wanted to make something similar.... anyway, thanks for the inspiration whoever and wherever you are.

I was so busy trying to get things done yesterday... get the boys up and to hockey for 8am ice time (hubby at work so you can imagine trying to get 3 kids up and ready to get to the arena... boo-hoo-hoo, I know, I know), bake cupcakes, ice the cupcakes, sew the skirt and shoes, feed the monkeys (I mean kids), play with the kids, get to the grocery store, get dinner ready (oh, wait, hubby made burgers when he got home... LOVE IT!), get everyone ready to get to Great-Gran'n'Gramps... hold the phone, hold the phone!!!! I forgot to make the birthday crown! Whip up the quickest adjustable crown in 20 minutes! Phew! Get to the little party, relax with a nice glass of vino-verde... thanks honey, I needed that.

Hammy had a fun time, of course she had no idea what was going on, but it was so fun to watch her show off her new walking skills to everyone.

Tomorrow: Daddy's birthday... and we're all going to be home, it's a P.D. day at school, yay! Daddy wants us all to go play hockey... yippee! Hope I don't break my neck, or take a puck to the chops ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment